Friday, May 29, 2009

"As the dirt turns"


Mary and I just got back from a celebration for the completion of the 3rd bcWorkshop home, 4523 Congo, the Garrett's new, and might I add, beautiful home. During the celebration, most every speaker mentioned the importance of revitalization and building community, on small-scale Congo Street and large-scale City of Dallas. To bcWorkshop, those 3 homes(and 3 to come) represent, and quite noticeably, the amazing revitalization of historic Congo Street: a street where "People come and don't want to leave," remarked Vernessia Garrett. And so bcWorkshop has made staying on Congo an appealing option. As the dirt turns across from our Jubilee Community Center, I cross my fingers that the building that will stand there will represent that very same revitalization and pride to the Jubilee community that bcWorkshop's art represents on Congo.

P.S. Schmoldt has made a ski mountain across the street, has it ever snowed in May in Dallas? I might just throw on my snowboard anyway...










No comments:

Post a Comment